Terms & Conditions
In using our site and placing an order with Transport Store Ltd., you acknowledge and agree with the following Terms and Conditions:
- Stock - all items listed on our site are in stock and available for sale. We do not list stock, such as new books, which require us to source these items after an order is placed. Although stock is stored logically for easy access, the vast number of items we hold can very occasionally result in us being unable to locate an item. In these circumstances, we will make every effort to identify the item and fulfill the order without delay to our normal shipping times. Should this be unsuccessful, we ultimately reserve the right to cancel an order and refund any payment.
- Book Listings - we make very great efforts to list books as accurately as possible. All relevant details are provided, including ISBN''s, year of publication, edition, publisher and language. Where these factual details are not available or unclear, they will not be listed. We asses the condition of the item using standard book seller grading, as defined in our "Book Conditions Explained" section - this assessment is consistent across the many thousands of items we handle. Pictures are provided as guidelines only, to illustrate the volume or edition of the book listed.
- Pricing & Value Added Tax (VAT) - all prices are in UK Pounds Sterling and represent the cost of the book before shipping and any tax charges. Shipping and tax charges will be added during Checkout. Books are currently Zero rated for VAT and no additional tax will therefore be added to their price; other items, such as DVD''s and videos, are currently subject to VAT at the rate of 20.0%.
- Orders - by submitting your order you are offering to buy the products at the price set out in the order and allowing us to use your personal details to supply the products. All orders are firm and we do not supply items on an approval basis. Although you will be able to access your Order on our system, we advise you print a copy for reference. You will receive an email acknowledgement of your order. This is not a formal acceptance of your order and, in exceptional circumstances, we have the right to cancel and refund your payment.
- Order Cancellations - orders may be cancelled, prior to dispatch, by sending an email request. As we despatch orders within a very short period, there is only a limited amount of time to cancel an order before dispatch. It will not be possible to cancel an order after dispatch has taken place. Where an order has been placed with a credit card, we reserve the right to deduct the card charges we have incurred for both the original transaction and the refund. Where significant work has been undertaken on an order before cancellation, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee;
- Returns and Refunds - we accept items for return and refund. For items with a condition rating of Good or Working Copy we sell these items with all faults at a discounted price, as such we regret that we cannot accept their return. All returns must be in the condition and packaging in which they were first dispatched. Where we accept a return is due to an incorrect listing detail or other circumstances within our control, we will provide a full refund including the original shipping costs. Please see our "Cancellations, Returns and Refunds" section.
- Shipping - we aim to ship your items as soon as possible within 24 hours of receipt of your order. You will receive an email advising that your order has been dispatched. Please contact us if no dispatch advice or communication has been received within seven working days of your order.
- Shipping Charges - to allow you to immediately see the full cost of your order and avoid follow-up communication on shipping charges, we have developed a matrix of charges for delivery by Royal Mail or Courier. Each stock item has a weight and this is used to automatically generate all your shipping options to your delivery destination. At check-out you select one of the applicable options presented. Due to the multiple package and destination combinations, in a small number of instances we may need to notify you of an additional shipping charge, whereupon you will have the right to cancel the order if desired.
- Risk - all orders are shipped at buyers risk. We use the shipping method you have selected and always obtain proof of our despatch.
- Legal - any contract arising from this website is made under the laws of Scotland.
VAT Registration Number 873 6900 94
Transport Store Limited